Hire a court / pitch
We offer a range of beach sports at Yellowave. Just hire a court or pitch and come and have a go. No experience necessary, just come on down and have some fun in the sand. Courts can be hired on the hour and all prices include a ball. To book or to check availability just call us on 01273 672222. You need to pay in advance so please have your debit or credit card at the ready. Alternatively pop down and see us and book in at reception.
- Beach volleyball is the most popular sport at Yellowave – it’s simply great fun and highly addictive. You can play with anything between 2 to 6-a-side, so there’s a maximum of 12 on court at a time. This sport gives you that instant ‘holiday feel’.
- This Brazilian sport is similar to volleyball but you play with your feet, knees, head….in fact anything other than your arms and hands. Great for anyone who loves doing ‘keepy uppies’! You can have up to 12 players on court at a time but we recommend 2-4-a-side. The price includes a footvolley ball.
Beach soccer pitch
- Like 5/side footy but even more dynamic. The sand adds a whole new dimension making it harder to run on but a whole lot more fun. 5-8-a-side is recommended. The soccer pitch takes up half the venue and is only available week days between 10am-4pm. The pitch must be booked for at least half a day at a time. Therefore please check availability first.
Beach rugby pitch
- Diving about in the sand provides a much softer landing than on grass. The touch / tag rugby pitch takes up half the venue and is only available week days between 10am-4pm. The pitch must be booked for at least half a day at a time. Therefore please check availability first.
A minimum of 48 hours notice must be given to change or cancel a general court hire booking. A credit will be given which is valid for one year.
For bookings of more than six hours or equivalent (e.g. one court for six hours or two courts for three hours) the following notice must be provided:
- 6 hours or more requires one weeks notice
- 12 hours or more requires two weeks notice
- 18 hours or more requires four weeks notice
We expect games to go ahead in most weather conditions however if it is heavy rain and/or gale force winds we can offer you a credit to use another time. In the event of bad weather please call us on the day of your booking T: 01273 672222. The weather can change rapidly so we generally accept cancellations 1-2 hours before the time of your booking.